Alconbury 2014 – 2016
In 2014 Professional Remediation were appointed by U&C to render the land of the former US Airforce Base suitable for both commercial and residential development.
- Demolition of fortified hangars, crush and process the suitable concrete ready to be re-used on site
- Removal of redundant services and installation of new utilities in service corridors
- Excavation of taxi ways - crush and process the tarmac ready to be re-used on site
- Grade the site to the required level for development
- Remediation of contamination hotspots
- Supplying the consultant with regular geotechnical and geochemical analysis of ground samples.
The former WWII and cold war airbase was used by the American Airforce until it was purchased by Urban & Civic in 2009. In 2014 Professional Remediation were appointed by U&C to render the land suitable for both commercial and residential development. The 600 hectare site will eventually see the construction of 5000 homes, 4 schools and 290,000m2 of office space. There will also be a number of amenities for the community including a health centre and sports facilities.